Videos about teaching:
- Learner.org provides a teacher video library highlighting teaching practices of K-12 educators in all academic disciplines. Access to the videos is free (with registration) and has classroom demonstrations and examples of best practices relative to the topic.
- Marco Torres’ homepage Teacher who models varied modes of teaching and learning.
Videos to use with students:
- The Story of Movies, an educational program for middle schoolers, was created by the Film Foundation in partnership with IBM and Turner Classic Movies as “an integrated interdisciplinary curriculum, in recognition of the importance of exposing future generations to classic cinema and teaching them about the cultural, artistic, and historical significance of film.” The program, available to teachers free of charge, aims to help students understand and interpret the language of film and visual images. Each teaching unit includes DVDs, a teachers’ guide, and a student activities booklet. The films for study are Robert Mulligan’s “To Kill A Mockingbird” (1962), Frank Capra’s “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” (1939), and Robert Wise’s “The Day the Earth Stool Still” (1951).
- The Shining Trailer – SpoofScary Mary Trailer – SpoofPropaganda Video – More Doctors Smoke…Teacher Tube “The goal of Teacher Tube is to provide an online community for sharing instructional videos. Teacher Tube seeks to fill a need for a more educationally focused, safe venue for teachers, schools, and home learners. It is a site to provide anytime, anywhere professional development with teachers teaching teachers. As well, it is a site where teachers can post videos designed for students to view in order to learn a concept or skill.”
Videos About Technology in School
- Digital Students @ Analog SchoolsStudents today are native to technology and schools seem to be stuck in the past.
- Escalator Temporarily Stairs Change is difficult!
- Introducing the Book Video file introducing the book!
- The Machine is Us/ing Us (4:30 minutes) Introduces web2.0 information and to illustrate what students do in their digital lives
- Information R/evolution (5:28 minutes)
- How NOT to Use PowerPoint (3:55 minutes) A humorous look at how NOT to use Power Point.
- Why Let our Students Blog? (1:55) An engaging list of reasons why we should include blogging in classrooms.
- Pay Attention – Students of today Video with stats about students’ use of digital media
- Web 2.0 – The Machine is Us/ing Us Cool video about the power of Web 2.0.
- Blogs in Plain English
- MA and Pa Kettle Doing Math
- Abbott and Costello Doing Math
- Mrs. Burk’s most viewed math web sites Fun and engaging math videos
- Diigo (3:58 minutes) an interesting one to show simply because it walks you through the incredible features of the tool and could act as an example of what today’s students are actually doing with the power of technology.